Friday, January 19, 2018

BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION, CHRISTIAN EVOLUTIONISTS, AND CHRISTIAN GROWTH





As a new Christian, I read the Scriptures to find the verses that made me feel good about myself. I even imposed my agenda upon Scripture, coercing it to say what I wanted to hear.

This is what "Christian" evolutionists do when they impose their evolutionary agenda upon Scripture to neutralize the many verses that do not coincide with it, even to the point of claiming that Genesis does not teach about the physical world, just the spiritual. Hence, with this one strategic blow, they have eliminated any verse that might contradict evolution, and there are many!

In contrast, faithfulness requires us to hear what Scripture is saying even when it goes against our worldview, even when it hurts. Such is Christian growth.

No comments: