Tuesday, September 6, 2022

A skeptic asked, “How can you believe in a God who doesn’t answer your prayers? And some Christians face horrible deaths.”

 



I couldn’t answer him comprehensively. Each person is different. I have suffered much in my 75 years and had often wondered, "Where are you, God." Nevertheless, I am convinced that God loves me and takes care of me. Many miraculous events have convinced me of this.

 
Yet there is so much I do not know. It is disheartening to see Christians ending badly. It might be the result of unconfessed sins and rebellion against God, or suffering might be the result of being prepared for their eternal habitation (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).
 
However, the scientist is faced with the same perplexities. Science cannot answer even the simplest and most basic questions like, “What is light, matter, space, time, or gravity.” However, we do not throw away science because of the many things it cannot answer. The same is true for Jesus. We do not reject Him simply because of our lack of understanding:

·       Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones. (Proverbs 3:5–8)

No comments: