Saturday, April 1, 2023

WHY I EXPEL MORMONS (LDS) FROM MY FACEBOOK GROUP

 Image result for Mormon Tabernacle Photo

Mormons (LDS) wonder why we hesitate to refer to them as Christian, even though they claim Jesus as their Savior. Perhaps the quotation below might help to explain our hesitancy:
 
·       The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church (Doctrine and Covenants [D&C] 1:30); all other churches (Presbyterians, Baptists, and Methodists are specifically mentioned in Joseph Smith, History 1:9, Pearl of Great Price) are "wrong," "all their creeds were an abomination," and "those professors were all corrupt" (Joseph Smith, History 1:19). Those of creedal or traditional Christianity have adopted "pagan beliefs" and are part of "false Christianity" (Gospel Principles [2009], 92). One either belongs to "the church of the Lamb of God" or to "the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth" (1 Nephi 14:10). https://www.mormoninfo.org/
 
·       Joseph Smith taught that everybody but faithful Mormons will be damned (History of the Church 3:28). Brigham Young, second prophet of the LDS Church, taught that "[t]he Christian world, so called, are heathens as to the knowledge of the salvation of God" (The Journal of Discourses 8:171), and also said, "With regard to true theology, a more ignorant people never lived than the present so-called Christian world" (Ibid., 8:199).
 
I have had to expel perhaps over 200 Mormon missionaries from my Facebook group—Seekers with Questions about Christianity—not only because of their beliefs but also their behavior. They do not come to discuss the teachings of the Bible but to clandestinely lure seekers away into their own groups and private conversations. Despite my many warnings, they continue to come.
 
Can it be that they are the only true Church of Christ? The Scriptures insure us that if we believe in Him according to the Gospel of His Word, we belong to Him:
 
·       John 3:16–18 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.”
 
·       John 15:7–13 “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you…”
 
My group is designed for seekers who desire to learn about Christianity, not for Mormons who call themselves the only true Church. Yet they continue to come in greater numbers.

No comments: