Saturday, March 30, 2024

A FRIENDLY WARNING TO THOSE WHO HATE JEWS AND ISRAEL

 

 

I have stayed away from this subject for decades. I didn’t want anything to interfere with my newly-found identity in my Savior Jesus. My Jewish identity had been all-embracing. It had even led me to live in Israel for three years.

However, now that most of the world hates Israel and the Jews and wants to see their destruction, I can no longer remain silent. I must insist that they are opposing the Creator who has chosen the Jewish people:

·       ”But now I will not deal with the remnant of this people [Israel] as in the former days, declares the Lord of hosts. For there shall be a sowing of peace. The vine shall give its fruit, and the ground shall give its produce, and the heavens shall give their dew. And I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things. And as you have been a byword of cursing among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and you shall be a blessing. Fear not, but let your hands be strong.” For thus says the Lord of hosts: “As I purposed to bring disaster to you when your fathers provoked me to wrath, and I did not relent, says the Lord of hosts, so again have I purposed in these days to bring good to Jerusalem and to the house of Judah; fear not”... The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, ‘Let us go at once to entreat the favor of the Lord and to seek the Lord of hosts; I myself am going.’ Many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem and to entreat the favor of the Lord. Thus says the Lord of hosts: “In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’” (Zechariah 8:11-15, 21-23)

To continue in your hatred is to resist God and to harden your heart, further condemning yourselves:

·       “And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel…Egypt shall become a desolation and Edom a desolate wilderness, for the violence done to the people of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land. But Judah shall be inhabited forever, and Jerusalem to all generations. I will avenge their blood, blood I have not avenged, for the Lord dwells in Zion.” (Joel 3:1, 19-21)

There are many verses like these in the Hebrew Scriptures but also in the New Testament:

·       Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob; and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. (Romans 11:25-29)

Therefore, I urge you to seek peace with Israel and with Israel’s God, the Messiah, in whom you will find everlasting peace.

 

No comments: