Friday, November 27, 2015

CONFIRMATION BIAS: EMBRACING ONLY THOSE FACTS THAT SUPPORT OUR WORLDVIEW





Here is how I responded to an atheist accusing me of bias:

You are right. I am governed by my presuppositions and biases. I just find it hard to believe:

1.     That everything jumped into existence uncaused out of nothing.
2.     That proteins and DNA simply self-constructed.
3.     That Darwinian gradualism can account for new organs.
4.     That the cell with all of its incredible machinery just appeared.
5.     That life is just a matter of materials coming together.
6.     That we don't have freewill.
7.     That consciousness is just a product of matter.
8.     That the Laws of science were produced by a big explosion
9.     That our universe is just one out of an infinite number of universes - a devise to explain fine-tuning.
10. That morality is just something we invent.
11.  That logic and reason just happened without a design and a grand purpose.

Sorry, I just don’t and can’t share your faith!

No comments: