Under the guise of the “protection of children,” the United Nations’ Committee on the Rights of the Child under precept #26 recommends that:
- The Holy See bring all its laws and regulations as well as its policies and practices in conformity and make full use of its moral authority to condemn all forms of harassment, discrimination or violence against children based on their sexual orientation or the sexual orientation of their parents and to support efforts at international level for the decriminalisation of homosexuality.
By promoting a highly self-destructive lifestyle that, according to surveys, shortens the male homosexuals’ life by 20-24 years, the UN has lost all credibility, especially in light of the fact that real human rights violations – namely, the genocide of religious minorities in many Islamic countries - are vainly crying out for attention.
In their mindless dash to enforce gay rights, the UN has ignored many of the costs:
1. Attenuated lifespan
2. The Proliferation of STDs, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Mental Illness Endemic to this Lifestyle.
3. The Fact that all of the Major World Religions have Ruled against it
4. The Historical Evidence that this Lifestyle Produces a Dead End
5. The Suppression of the Freedoms of Speech and Religion to Achieve this End
6. The Resulting Gender Confusion and Sexualization of Children
7. The Breakdown of Values that have Produced the Greatest Civilizations.
Of course, the Committee knows better than their own parents regarding the welfare of children and has demonstrated that it is more than willing to limit parental rights in favor of their own “enlightened” agenda:
- #32. The Committee reminds the Holy See that the right of children to freely express their views constitutes one of the most essential components of children’s dignity and that ensuring this right is a legal obligation under the Convention, which leaves no leeway for the discretion of the States parties… (c) Encourage, through legislation and policy, opportunities for parents and guardians to listen to children and give due weight to their views in matters that concern them and promote parenting education programmes, which build on existing positive behaviours and attitudes.
Who is to determine these “positive behaviours and attitudes?” The UN, of course, and the parents and church must fall in line and submit to “opportunities for parents and guardians to listen to children and give due weight to their views!” While the UN hypocritically champions the free speech of children, it extends no such privilege to their parents other than re-education. Indeed, we have a lot of prior horrific experience with States that claim that they know what is best for children and therefore limit parental influence:
- Lenin had said: “The best revolutionary is a youth devoid of morals.” His word being law in Communist organizations, all members work secretly to make young people of both sexes anti-social and immoral. Children up to teen-age are taught to rebel against the discipline of the home. Parents are represented to their children as old-fashioned. Parental authority is scoffed at. The subverters argue that parents have lied to their children since they were old enough to listen, regarding Santa Claus and where babies come from. The subversives claims parents are the victims of reactionary teachings and capitalistic exploitation. The child is encouraged to educate the parents in regard to modern and progressive ideas. They are warned that, for their own good, they must refuse to be dominated or disciplined by their parents. The purpose of this subversive campaign is to destroy the sanctity, and unity, of the home which is the foundation upon which our civilization is founded.
If parental influence can be neutralized, what then is left to influence our children? The sexualizing influence of the culture – the permissive, morally-relativistic schools and the morally-indulgent media! Meanwhile, parents must only listen to their children and give their words and desires full respect.
Discipline? Forget it! Our children are free moral agents, according to the UN, and what we teach our children better reflect this:
- #40. The Committee reminds the Holy See that all forms of violence against children, however light, are unacceptable and that the Convention leaves no room for any level of violence against children… ensure that an interpretation of Scripture as not condoning corporal punishment is reflected in Church teaching and other activities and incorporated into all theological education and training.
While the UN demands that children have their say, it is not as accommodating to their parents or their religion. Evidently, the UN has reached such a state of enlightenment that it can confidently dictate to us how we are to understand and teach the Bible.
The UN demands to reign supreme over all areas of the family – religion, education, values, the works. After all, “He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future,” as Adolph Hitler confidently professed. How then does the world government own the youth? By making itself the supreme authority in all family matters:
- #41. The Committee is concerned about the Holy See’s position that civil authorities should intervene in the family setting only in cases where a proven abuse has been committed in order not to interfere with the duties and rights of the parents.
The UN demands the right to intervene whenever! How can the UN demand such authority? Has it been able to shed the gentle light of reason in these areas? Has it demonstrated that it is the better and more loving caretaker of our children?
In contrast, the wise King Solomon knew a critical truth about mothers. When two women came before him, each claiming maternity over a certain baby, Solomon ordered that the baby be cut in two – one part given to each claimant. At this, the real mother cried out:
- “Please, my lord, give her the living baby! Don’t kill him!” But the other said, “Neither I nor you shall have him. Cut him in two!” Then the king gave his ruling: “Give the living baby to the first woman. Do not kill him; she is his mother.” (1 Kings 3:26-27)
The UN is the “other” claimant. It does not love the children as the real mother and will allow their destruction in order to promote its blind and tyrannical agenda.