I just viewed the teaching video of Imam Yahya Hendi on the equality of women is Islam at the link you provided.
He tries to distinguish the historical degradation of women in Islam from the true teachings of the Koran and the Hadiths, claiming that these teach the equality of women. Clearly, this is not the case. Here is the testimony of the Koran:
- [Surah 2.223] Your wives are a tilth [cultivated land] for you, so go into your tilth when you like, and do good beforehand for yourselves…
- [2.228] And the divorced women should keep themselves in waiting for three courses; and it is not lawful for them that they should conceal what Allah has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the last day; and their husbands have a better right to take them back in the meanwhile if they wish for reconciliation; and they have rights similar to those against them in a just manner, and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
- [2.282] …call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses…
- [4:34] Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them…
How is it that this Imam glosses over these teaching as if they did not exist? Either:
- He is practicing Taqiyya – the doctrine that authorizes Muslims to lie to the infidel in order to promote Islam, or
- He is truly a misguided “moderate.”
The Koran degrades the infidel and authorizes deception:
- [3:27] “Let not the believers take the disbelievers for friends rather than believers. And whoever does this has no connection with Allah unless it is done to guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully.
- [5:54] O ye who believe, take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other.
“Undoubtedly the Muslim is obliged to hate the enemies of Allaah and to disavow them, because this is the way of the Messengers and their followers. Allaah says:
[60:4] “… ‘Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allaah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever until you believe in Allaah Alone’” (www.koranqa.com; fatwa 59879)
· “Based on this, it is not permissible for a Muslim to feel any love in his heart towards the enemies of Allaah who are in fact his enemies too. Allaah says:
[60:1] “O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth”
· “But if a Muslim treats them with kindness and gentleness in the hope that they will become Muslim and will believe, there is nothing wrong with that, because it comes under the heading of opening their hearts to Islam. But if he despairs of them becoming Muslim, then he should treat them accordingly.”
Perhaps we should try to strengthen the hand of “moderate” Islam. However, an “Islam” disconnected from the teachings of the Koran and Hadiths will have little influence over Islam. The proof of this is that in every Islamic nation, the religious minorities live in fear and subjugation in accordance with Sharia. Evidently, the “moderates” are either irrelevant or are merely practicing Taqiyya.