Amanda Marcotte, a politics writer for Salon, wrote, in the wake of the Brussels attacks:
- But one thing is absolutely certain: It is a good thing that we in the United States have a grown-up in charge. http://www.salon.com/2016/03/22/we_need_adult_leaders_brussels_attack_is_a_sobering_reminder_of_how_important_it_is_to_have_grown_ups_in_office_not_cruz_or_trump/
It seems like Marcotte has forgotten that it was this same “grown-up” who had made it possible for ISIS to secure droves of American weaponry, destabilized Libya, Egypt, Syria, and Iraq, making them breeding grounds for Islamic terrorists and has done almost nothing to stop their genocidal attacks on non-Muslims in Africa and the Middle East.
Marcotte’s analysis is also “grown-up”:
- These situations are too complex to be dumbed down to a bunch of bigotry towards Muslims, the vast majority of whom have no relationship to terrorism. This is an election year, and these attacks should serve as important reminder of how critical it is to have a grown-up in the Oval Office.
However, Brussels, Paris, 9/11, and the San Bernadino attacks weren’t carried out by the Amish, the Buddhists, or the New Agers. They have been consistently carried out by the likes of Al Qaeda, Al Nusra, ISIS, Boko Haram, Islamic Jihad, and countless other Islamic groups, all screaming “Allah Akbar” and crediting the Koran for their inspiration. Their youthful volunteers are attracted because they understandably see in these groups the true teachings of Muhammad, and they are right. Here are just several of the hundreds of verses on violent Jihad:
- Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
- Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah [like Trinitarians], for which He had sent no authority".
- Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."
- Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."
Evidently, Marcotte is not very disturbed by these horrific attacks:
- Brussels is still there and still beautiful. Brussels and Paris survived the frigging Nazis, but Trump would have you believe that these cities will be torn to the ground because of attacks orchestrated by scattered, stateless terrorist organizations.
I’m sure that the families of the deceased do not feel like Marcotte. They are perturbed by those who fail to understand their loss and what the future holds in light of the growing number of Muslims who want to incorporate their nation into a Caliphate. In short, they are not “grown-up.”
Marcotte is convinced that the real Islam has little to do with the hundreds of jihadic Koranic verses:
- What he refuses to do, however, is conflate the beliefs of a relatively small number of terrorists with Islam as a whole, because, unlike Cruz or Trump, Obama is a grown-up.
According to Marcotte, the real Islam is “grown-up” and grownups do not try to take over the world through sex-slavery and violent Jihad. However, if she could point to one sizeable Islamic minority that is not trying to impose sharia or start a violent separatistic movement, she might have a point. If she name one Islamic country where non-Muslims live as equals with Muslims, there might be a morsel of hope for a peaceful resolution. However, Marcotte is such a “grown-up” that she need not bother herself with such trifling issues.