Monday, August 1, 2016

I KNOW MY LORD, AND MY LORD KNOWS ME





Psalm 34:4-6
“I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears…
This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.”

I am that “poor man.” I am facing problems that are bigger than I am, and I fear, but the Lord has guaranteed to save me out of all my troubles. I haven’t see this deliverance yet, but I am looking towards it. I have no choice but to trust in my Lord. My eyes are upon Him.

I don‘t KNOW how others face life without this Hope. Do they close down their heart? Their mind?

I think back to my life before Christ, before 40 years ago. How did I make it from one day to the next? I told myself lies. I believed them. They were my drugs. I told myself that I had the strength to endure anything, that I had the courage to face any threat; that I had the character to find a way out.

These were lies, but I believed them. They blinded me, but they also sustained me. They were costly, but they paid the bills.

I can now face life without my blinders. How? Because my Savior is near:

·       When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:17-18)

I am that “brokenhearted” man, but I know my Savior and He knows me.

No comments: