Blogger and “Christian,” Jen Hatmaker, believes that, somehow, Christians are complicit in the Orlando shooting. How could this be when the shooter swore allegiance to ISIS and not to Jesus? Does this mean that Christians are behind whatever ISIS does? It seems that Hatmaker is arguing that if Christians do not endorse all aspects of gay behavior, then they are “complicit” with whatever tragedy might befall the gays:
· I’ve been listening to my gay friends and leaders the last two days… and this is what I am hearing: It is very difficult to accept the Christian lament for LGBTQ folks in their deaths when we’ve done such a brutal job of honoring them in their lives. Anti-LGBTQ sentiment has paved a long runway to hate crimes…. We are complicit. https://juicyecumenism.com/2016/06/16/sorry-jen-hatmaker-christians-arent-complicit-happened-orlando/
I don’t even endorse all aspects of my own behavior. Am I then guilty of whatever ill befalls me, even if someone kills me? Were the Jews somehow complicit with their own genocide because they didn’t approve of all aspects of Nazi behavior? Are the victims of rape complicit with the rapist because they do not endorse rape? This is just another way of blaming the victim for “hate” and “intolerance.”
Let me just anticipate the insane backlash that will be used to discredit me:
· You are a bigoted homophobe to compare gay sex with rape.
But I’m not. Instead, I am using extreme examples to highlight the flaws in Hatmaker’s logic – that disapproval of a behavior equates with disapproval of the person and therefore guilt for whatever happens. Actually, this is hate speech – unjustly indicting and demeaning an innocent person or group of people.
At least, Hatmaker shows a thin ray of hope for Christians – that mass murder might provoke some compassion in them:
· It seems like the only harm toward the LGBTQ community that will overcome Christian disapproval is a mass murder.
It doesn’t matter to Hatmaker how much compassion has already been shown to the gay community by Christians. It will never be enough! Why not? Because of our refusal to totally embrace and endorse gay sex makes us haters and guilty of all kinds of evil.
But let’s try to follow Hatmaker’s logic! We also don’t approve of adultery. Does this make us complicit when the adulterer’s family falls apart? We don’t approve of pornography. Are we to be held to account when the pornographer destroys their relationships? We also do not approve of incest. Are we therefore complicit, when the abused son kills his abusing father?
Is society complicit in a murder whenever society refuses to sanction murder? Of course, this is insanity, but insanity reigns supreme in our government, schools, universities, and the media, and it’s getting worse all. It is so persistent that it has become the norm. Its “logic” is now accepted without question.
Modern insanity is sticky fly-paper. An entire society is held in its grip as it proclaims that it has the truth – the truth the all the feeble-minded who had come before the progressives had failed to grasp.
Rather than a society, it is the entire West that has fallen asleep and made their bed on the fly paper, which will not allow them to reason their way out of the insanity. They are opening their doors to people who want to kill the innocent, simply because they are not Muslim. It doesn’t matter to our secular elites what their Koran and Hadiths say about Jihad and world conquest. It doesn’t matter to our Brights that over 60% of Muslims report that they want a worldwide Caliphate. It doesn’t matter that, already, they have claimed their host nations and have set up their no-go-zones. It doesn’t seem to matter to our Freethinkers that rape is skyrocketing, Muslim Jihad camps are growing, or that the canary-in-the-Western-cages – the Jews - are fleeing in droves from the Jihadists. Nor do our elites consider that non-Muslims live as second-class citizens in all Muslim nations. Instead, they are convinced that they have the answers, and everyone who opposes them is a bigot.
Western insanity defies any attempt to catalogue it. The flies are immune to reason and even to the facts. Now, they have imposed transgenderism, and no one is allowed to speak against it. Any opposing voices are silenced. However, there are some who still haven’t been silenced.
Dr. Joseph Burger has warned that sex changes are no answer for the gender-confused:
· “They should be getting psychotherapy…These children are unhappy for a variety of reasons. They should be treated for their unhappiness. Cutting off penises and breasts is not the treatment for unhappiness.” (SALVOMAG.COM, Summer 2016, 9)
Now that sex change has become an “in” thing, even celebrated by our elites, in the UK, the number of children who are receiving treatment for “gender dysphoria” has jumped 1000% from 2010 to 2015. Of course, fly-paper reasoning can produce many “studies” that can convincingly demonstrate that this insanity is grounded in the facts, or can they?
The American College of Pediatricians has released a paper entitled, “Gender Ideology Harms Children,” in which they have concluded:
· “According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.
· Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthy is child abuse.” (Salve, 6)
Does sex-change ever help? Walt Heyer, in his 2006 book “Trading my Sorrows,” writes about his troubled experiences as a transsexual. The following was culled from his interview with LifeSiteNews.com:
· Heyer was a little boy growing up in California in the mid 1940s, interested in cowboys, cars and steel guitars when one day, his grandmother fancied that he wanted to be a girl. She naively made for him a purple chiffon evening dress that he would wear when he visited her. According to Walt, donning that purple chiffon dress triggered something that put him on a 35 year long path that led through a dark valley of “torment, disillusionment, regret, and sorrow.” His gender identity confusion led him into alcoholism, drug addiction, and attempted suicide…
Is Heyer’s experience representative of many others’? Evidently! A long-term follow-up study of transsexual persons undergoing sex reassignment surgery in Sweden found:
- Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.
Madeline Wyndzen, a transgendered psychology professor, writes:
- "50% of transgenders could be struggling with suicide attempts, regret, anger and unhappiness living in a transgender sub-culture rather than being part of the larger world.”
A Report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey says:
- A staggering 41% of transgenders surveyed report they have attempted suicide and that those who have medically transitioned and surgically transitioned have higher rates of attempted suicide than the general population. Transgenders have higher rate of HIV infections. They are more prone to heavy drinking and the use of drugs. They have high rates of homelessness, unemployment and extreme poverty, even more so in the more difficult economic times of the last 5 years.
However, our Freethinkers have proved that ideology will always trump the facts. But according to them, transgenderism is something to celebrate, and if you refuse to do so, watch out.
How then do we define insanity? The easiest way is to say, “Just look at what has happened to the West!” However, we should be able to say more than this. If we can understand insanity, perhaps we can do something about it. Perhaps we can define insanity as “A comfort with willful blindness.” However, this suggests that as long as comfort remains, even the comfort of the fly-paper, so too will the willful, ideological blindness.