Friday, December 25, 2020

ON WICCAN TURF

 


 

Recently, I posted this query on two Wiccan groups:

·       I’ve been deceived so many times that I need to know the truth. How do you know if your spirit entities really want the best for you? Perhaps they are deceiving you by making believe that they really care? Can you be certain that you are not being deceived? How?
 
I was surprised by their responses. Most revealed that they were very aware of the dangers lurking in the spirit world. However, they claimed that they were able to decipher between good and malevolent spirits. Others claimed that they could intuitively distinguish between them.
 
I found these respondents to be caring and ready to offer their advice. However, I felt the need to reveal myself. Here was my final response:
 
Thank you all for your helpful and illuminating responses. In the process, you have also taught me a lot about yourselves. You have been honest about your own uncertainties and your groping for your own answers within this bewildering spirit world.
 
However, I must apologize about not being entirely forthcoming. I didn’t want to deceive and have been honest about my own prior involvement in the spirit world. I had been terribly deceived by the spirits I had encountered through the Ouija Board. Looking back on it, some had presented a very benign front and others a crude front. However, they were all deceivers who were leading me to perform destructive acts.
 
But I have left unsaid the all-important fact that I have been a devoted follower of Jesus for 43 years, I am even a teacher of Bible and theology. The more I have learned and experienced, the more I have become convinced of the dangers of the spirit world. The Bible also has a lot to say about them:

·       2 Corinthians 11:13–15 “For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.”
 
·       Ephesians 6:12 “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.”
 
·       Colossians 1:13–14 “He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”
 
Please forgive me for not having been totally transparent with you at the first.
 
I was hoping that this might open the door to some further discussion. However, I haven’t yet heard back from any of them. 😉

No comments: