Thursday, June 21, 2012

Human Rights and Gay Marriage


My Response to a Bi-Sexual Woman who claimed that we are depriving her of her “human rights” to marry:

You complain that religious people are depriving you of your “human right” to marry whomever you want. However, you are free to marry your SS partner, albeit without government sanction. But this is what the gay community is after – not marriage but the removal of any sense of guilt, shame, public disapproval, or even anyone expressing any disfavor with the gay lifestyle, a virtual social/sexual revolution.

However, where does your human right for SS marriage come from? It’s certainly not guaranteed by the constitution, any more than the right for me to marry my dog.

It certainly doesn’t come from the laws of the land. In fact, gay supporters have nothing but disdain for the laws, namely DOMA, until the laws favor their own cause. SS marriage has never even been approved by the majority in any state. In fact, SS marriage supporters even disdain the majority vote as demonstrated by Prop.9 in Calif.

It doesn’t come from religion. All the major religions proscribe this lifestyle. I think we need to consider why. This lifestyle has been tried many times and always found wanting.

It certainly doesn’t come from reason. All of the stats point to its inherent risk factors and even abbreviated lifespan.

The only reason that SS marriage is now even considered as a “human right” is because of elite sponsorship, media propaganda, intimidation, and the slander of anyone who opposes.

When you find yourself buried in sorrow, please remember Jesus’ promise:

·        "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

However, His yoke does entail repentance. I will be praying, dear correspondent!


   

No comments: