I am a non-scientist. I cannot personally vouch for the “findings” of science. Therefore, this proof is very tentative and is based upon the consensus regarding the quantum world. It would go like this:
- The universe is not material.
- It is mind-dependent, but the human mind cannot account for the universe.
- Therefore, there must be a greater mind – God!
PREMISE #1: Arjun Walia observes:
- Quantum physicists discovered that physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature… Again, what quantum mechanics reveals is that there is no true “physicality” in the universe, that atoms are made of focused vorticies of energy-miniature tornadoes that are constantly popping into and out of existence. The revelation that the universe is not an assembly of physical parts, suggested by Newtonian physics, and instead comes from a holistic entanglement of immaterial energy waves stems from the work of Albert Einstein, Max Planck, and Werner Heisenberg, among others.
PREMISE #2: This also seems to be widely accepted among quantum physicists:
- A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a “mental” construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005) (14)
James M. Kushner affirms that:But are we the only participants? If the human mind is able to impact external reality, there clearly seems to be severe limitations in place. We do not seem to be able to impact gravity, the expansion of the universe, or the laws of physics. Certain realities of this universe seem to be universal and immutable and impervious to our thinking. Besides, the laws of physics pre-dated our own existence. Our thinking therefore cannot account for them.
- Every prediction quantum theory makes has been tested with consistent results... A photon, for example, may be either a wave or a particle state, but which it appears to be depends on a choice made by the observer... Some scientists like John Wheeler... have reached tentative conclusions:
- Useful as it is under everyday circumstances to say that the world eists "out there" independent of us, that view cannot longer be upheld. There is a strange sense in which this is a "participatory universe." (Salvo, #32, 64)
PREMISE #3: If the universe is not material, is mind-dependent, and if human thinking cannot account for the universe, then a greater, all-determining Mind must account for it.