Saturday, November 14, 2020

SHORT DIALOGUE WITH A PREDATOR

 

THE PREDATOR: You haven't demonstrated that you were able to verify the veracity of the biblical text or even the existence of God, which is the matter that is relevant here.
 
ME: There are many reasons that I believe in the veracity of the Bible test and God’s existence, and I would be glad to prove this to you. However, you first have to prove that you exist, since you might just be something machine-generated, and I don't like to waste my time… Certainly, you should have much less problem proving this to me than my trying to prove to you the veracity of Bible and that it comes from God.
 
THE PREDATOR: That's an absolute red herring, and is really a dishonest tactic whereby you evade providing actual, tangible evidence for your claims since I won't be able to satisfy your whimsical desire for proof of my existence. Dishonest Christianity... Your witness is pathetic.
 
ME: I would be deeply hurt by your response if I thought that you are a human being, but I know that humans wouldn't say such things, so this proves to me that you are just a machine, perhaps even a figment of my subconscious…This is not dishonesty but an object lesson. You know that you will never be able to satisfy me with any evidence of your existence or humanity. I hope that this demonstrates a parallel reality - that I know that whatever evidence that I present to you will never satisfy you. If all the evidence of creation will not impress you with the fact that God exists, how can I possibly say anything to you that will make a difference! I cannot!

No comments: