Wednesday, November 25, 2020

TRUSTING GOD – HOW?

 


 

WE MUST TRUST GOD: Jeremiah 17:5–9 (ESV) Thus says the LORD: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
 
THANK GOD FOR YOUR SELF-DESPAIR: 2 Corinthians 1:8–10 “For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again.
 
SELF-DESPAIR FORCES US TO TRUST IN GOD: Psalm 56:3–4 “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. in God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?”
 
IT’S A COMMAND AND A DECISION: Proverbs 3:5–8 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.”
 
IT’S AN ACT OF OBEDIENCE: Psalm 4:5 “Offer right sacrifices, and put your trust in the LORD.” 
 
TO TRUST IN GOD IS TO TRUST IN HIS WORD: Psalm 130:5–6 “I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.”
 
DO NOT GRUMBLE AGAINST THE LORD: Psalm 37:3–4 “Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
 
TO TRUST IN THE LORD IS TO TRUST IN HIS WORD: Psalm 119:81–82 “My soul longs for your salvation; I hope in your word. My eyes long for your promise; I ask, “When will you comfort me?”
 
TO TRUST IS TO WAIT: Psalm 69:2–3 “I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me. I am weary with my crying out; my throat is parched. My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God.”
 
CONTINUE TO KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE LORD: Matthew 14:28–31 (ESV) And Peter answered him [as He walked on the water], “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
 
HE MUST BE THE CENTER OF OUR LIVES SO THAT WE MIGHT BE AT THE CENTER OF HIS: Matthew 6:32–33 “For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”

EVEN WHEN WE FAIL, HIS LOVE IS LIMITLESS:  1 John 1:8–9 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

 He gladly forgives the worst of us. Even His angels rejoice st this!

 

 

No comments: