Sunday, December 19, 2021

WICCA AND WITCHCRAFT

Just about all Wiccans and practitioners of witchcraft realize that they must defend against evil spirits who want to take possession or torment them.

I asked one, “How can you defend yourself against the demons?” She answered that she did research to distinguish the good from the evil spirits and to defend herself against the evil ones.
 
I asked her how her research was able to help her. She answered:
 
·       Research and education is the way that we can ensure we take every precaution to ensure our safety while we practice... research to educate how to create barriers and protect oneself from possession. By using salt to make a barrier around the area youre working to prevent spirits going in or out of a work space or using sage to cleanse an area.. I dont see how you don't get this...
 
She was becoming defensive, but I decided to push on a little further:
 
·       Thanks for your response, but how do you know that these tactics are protecting you? Salt and sage wouldn’t protect you against burglars. What makes you think that they can protect you against the much more powerful, deceptive, and cunning demons?
 
I haven’t heard back from her, and many questions remain.
 
·       Why do the witches and Wiccans place themselves into such jeopardy?
·       Why are they confident that they can defend themselves against demons now that they have opened the door to them?
·       Why do they persist in the face of so many of their sisters becoming demonized?
 
I suspect that the practice of witchcraft gives them a real ego-boost and a sense of meaning and purpose, and it is becoming fantastically popular. The group I am now in adds 1000 members almost every couple of days!
 
I was thinking of challenging them to put a hex on me, as Elijah had successfully challenged the priests of Baal 3000 years ago. “Greater is He who is in me than He who is in the world,” right! However, this would wrongly and presumptuously expect the Lord to rescue me after I had “put Him to the test.” God had called Elijah to make this challenge to the Baal priests. He hadn’t called me.
 
You probably are acquainted with many witches without knowing it. They usually hide their identity. Pray for them. They are naively walking into the Valley of the Shadow of Death without any armor. Pray also that the Lord would give you words of love and God’s wisdom if the opportunity arises.
 

 

 

 

No comments: