Sunday, April 15, 2018

ANGER FAILS TO COMMUNICATE THE GOSPEL




While it is our duty to expose false beliefs and worldviews, they are so extensive and even ingrained within the Western psyche that I often despair or get angry.

However, there is a more important truth that keeps me balanced. Jesus will protect those who are His. No one will pluck His children out of His hand:

·       John 10:3-8 (ESV) “To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers. …Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.”

·       John 10:27-28 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.”

These assurances give me rest as we battle for the truth, but this battle must be waged reflecting our confidence that the battle is the Lord’s. When we lapse into anger or despair, we fail to reflect our Lord’s assurances and truths. Therefore, please pray that the Lord will cloth you in this manner:

·       Philippians 1:27-28  Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ…and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God.

No comments: